Monday, November 10, 2014

What even is this?

If you think you're about to read a comedic romp about a gay man who regained consciousness in a new world following a bout of amnesia, you could be right. If you think I'm about to relay the dramatic account of a human's struggle to contextualize his life via his surroundings, you could be right. Most importantly, if, when this is presumably purchased and turned into a book, you and your best friend and/or book club are reading this simultaneously and find yourselves on opposing sides of that argument, please stay friends long enough to tell me who wins it. Should you find a way to reconcile those concepts away from mutual exclusivity, please call me. You owe it to me to share.

What I honestly desire to craft is a an account; not a story, per se, but a conveyance of the choices that comprise my reality - cerebral actions and reactions, which define my present and intentionally, hopefully, shape my future. To what extent is that possible? Come with me; we'll find out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment